Cannes Boat Show 8-13 September 2015
Dear friends, yesterday started the already featured here, Festival de la Plaisance de Cannes, France (the link is featuring the last year show). It will end on September 13’th. I have extracted just one simple info from their site, a fragment from a newsletter mentioning the top five larger motor yachts present at this prestigious exhibition.
Here they are in descending order:
- From Baglietto – Baglietto 46m – 46.30 meters
- From Baglietto, again – Baglietto 43m Fast – 43.65 meters
- From Sanlorenzo – 460 Exp – 42.20 meters
- From Benetti – Crystal 140 – 41.94 meters
- From Majesty Yachts – Majesty 135 – 41.15 meters
They look really magnificent, isn’t it?
Southampton Boat Show 11-20 September, 2015
I have just wanted to feature and review the Elan Yachts brand, and I’ve noticed that they are present at Cannes already, and they’re gonna be in Southampton too, the greatest British Boat Show of them all, greater than London Boat Show, already described here in some previous posts. The link is from a previous edition, of course.
I don’t think I’m going to make another post with this one, so I’m going to present here just some main attractions. They say that this year this will be a festival of boating fun for all the family, they have the old attraction and some brand new ones to enjoy. Blended with over one hundred exhibitors and thousands of boats and brands, they are made for experienced sailors or new to boating people.
- The Red Arrows – The Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows, is the public face of the Royal Air Force. With a trademark combination of close formation flying and dynamic loops and rolls, the team has been displaying since 1965. – Saturday 12 September 2015
- The Honda Boat Show Eye – a gigantic wheel which lifts you over thirty meters in the air in family size capsules to give a spectacular view on the Show and Marina;
- The Tall Ship Earl of Pembroke – Climb on board, between 11 – 20 September, Berth M615 It was featured in a lot of movies already;
- Red Arrow – a J109 yacht (approx 35ft in length), owned and operated by the Royal Air Force Sailing Association (RAFSA). A lot of imagination in giving names, can be credited to these military fellows…
- The Aquarium
- Adventure River Canoe Ride – excellent for kids;
- Wooden Boat builders – Demos and Talks – all types of craft and most methods of construction
- PBO Project Boat – The Hantu Biru is a Snapdragon 23 built circa 1964, and has been lovingly restored by David Pugh and Ben Meakin, two seafaring staff from Practical Boat Owner magazine. A project which took more than two years.
- Try a boat feature – beginner or veteran
- Suzuki RIB Experience. The trips offer a fantastic chance to get out on the water in a 7.8m RIB powered by a Suzuki outboard engine.
- Get Afloat – another “Get on the Water” feature – limited availability;
- The Marina – one of Europe’s largest purpose built marinas with over two kilometers of pontoons, which displayed more than three hundred boats.
- The Platinum Experience in association with Sunseeker Charters – The Platinum Experience is for those visitors wishing to treat themselves to a more elite experience at the Show. – £125 per ticket per person; nice!
- Global Challenge Sailing yacht – one hour and a half sailing aboard the Global Challenge Sailing yacht from only £54.00; Wow!
- Wetwheels – a catamaran equipped for the disabled and the mentally changed people to cruise a little in the marina there;
- RYA Active Marina – Berthing & Boat Handling, Take an introduction to Motor Cruising, Spinnakers & Polling Out, Short-Handed Man Overboard, Powerboat Handling Skills;
- Tribute Bands – guys impersonating Elvis, Cher and the Blues Brothers, typically British entertainment
- Ladies Day Experience – 17’th September – a day when the ladies have to be dressed well!
That’s all for today, I hope to write more often here, too. Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter 🙂
If you like what you read, please subscribe to this blog by completing the form. If you want to help more, start by following us on Twitter, on Google+ and like our page on Facebook. You don’t know what good things may happen. To lighten your day, check our pins on Pinterest, we can be friends there too. Oh, and if you need a really good looking blog attached to your site, or just for fun, or to express your feelings more competitive, read this Own Your Website offer! Thank you very much.