The Boat Festival season, or the Boat Show season starts in September, with “Festival de la Plaisance de Cannes”, which is considered unofficial because the organizers are not members of IFBSO (International Federation of Boat Shows Organizers), another “regulating” organism. Cannes is famous for the Film Festival and for the yacht parties. It is more like a high social show than a proper maritime convention, but a lot of deals can be made there too, as everywhere, after all.
The most important Boat Shows this year are as follows, I made a list with my preferences, actually. I hope to have the time to cover all of them, as you see, September seems to be very rich in events.
- 12 – 21 September, 2014 — Southampton, United Kingdom — “PSP Southampton Boat Show”
- 17 – 22 September, 2014 — La Rochelle, France — “Grand Pavois de la Rochelle”
- 20 – 28 September, 2014 — Friedrichshafen, Germany — “INTERBOOT – International Watersports Exhibition”
- 23 – 28 September, 2014 — Istanbul, Turkey — “International Istanbul Boat Show”
- 24 – 28 September, 2014 — Barcelona, Spain — “Barcelona International Boat Show”
- 25 – 28 September, 2014 — Atlantic City, USA — “Atlantic City In-Water Power Boat Show”
- 25 – 28 September, 2014 — Auckland, New Zealand — “Auckland On Water Boat Show”
- 30 September – 2 October, 2014 — Tampa, Florida, USA — “International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition & Conference” (IBEX)
- 25 October – 2 November, 2014 — Hamburg, Germany — “Hanseboot – Hamburg International Boat Show”
- 30 October – 3 November, 2014 — Fort Lauderdale, USA — “Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show”
- 6 – 14 December, 2014 — Paris, France — “Salon Nautique International de Paris”
If I forgot any important show, or a show you consider important, please don’t hesitate to tell me.
In 2013, I wanted to feature “International Istanbul Boat Show” but I didn’t like the site presentation, and I forgot completely about it. Anyway, I know a lot of participants over the years in other prestigious yacht shows, and I’ll scratch some info if matters. I also have a friend who was a member in the interior design team for an awarded yacht model (Zen Sport 70′) at Cannes 2006. It seems I’ve started with Cannes, and I’ll end with Cannes. Nice! Have a good day, and come visit more often 🙂
PS: As for Zen Yachts, you need some representation here, on my blog. Ping-ping-ping. Also your twitter is just formal. A shame for such champions like you!
If you like what you read, please subscribe to this blog by completing the form. If you want to help more, start by following us on Twitter and on Google+. You don’t know what good things may happen. To lighten your day, check our pins on Pinterest, we can be friends there too. Oh, and if you need a really good looking blog attached to your site, or just for fun, or to express your feelings more competitive, read this Own Your Website offer! Thank you very much.